Cute puppy Jake was only three weeks old when he found himself trapped in a burning shed. Saved by a local firefighter Bill Lindler, the pup suffered burns to 75% of his body, including his paw pads.
Soon his owners abandoned him at the vet as they couldn’t afford to pay for his care. Luckily for the burn-scarred pooch, the same firefighter who saved him decided to adopt him too, when he heard the news.
Surrounded by loving people at the Hanahan Fire Department, Jake recovered quickly. The smart dog has become the official mascot of the Fire Department and now goes to schools to help kids learn about fire safety and what to do on emergencies.
He even has his own working dog badge! “I had plans on using Jake as a therapy dog, but have changed gears, and we are focusing on training him to be an Arson Detection Dog,” Lindler told Bored Panda.